Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Karma....




I just came back from dharma talk (Buddhist teaching) and something have just crossed my mind. I just realised the things i have done today, they just seem to be connected with each other. In the afternoon, my friend and i visited patients ranging from cardiology problem, accidents,old age illness, cancer and more.I saw the way they suffer from their illness. That really made me feel sad and i could actually understand the burdens they carry on their shoulders each and every single they. An uncle aged 80 years old, was bed ridden and the most pithiest thing was he was all alone.....no family to care for him.... Is this what we call life? Sometimes i wonder why some people need to suffer this way and why is it that some people live a happy and wealthy life?????? I am sure there are still a lot of people thought of this before. The answer is simple........ to us Buddhist..... we believe in KARMA. We believe what we are today, is because of what we have done in the past. Some of us might suffer diseases or misfortune, it is all because of KARMA-cause and effect. If we practise good deeds in this life, we will have good fortune the next life. And i think this term-KARMA is a very logical thinking. I know i might not have the most knowledge to talk bout this but i am just trying my best to explain what i understand.... So i believe it is because of one's karma... that they suffer the illness... and we as a human being must have the courage to face this problem. We must understand what causes the problem (including illness or others) and then only we can solve it.

1 comment:

LayNee said...

I strongly agree with you, Pin Yin. Life is all about Karma.