Wednesday, December 5, 2007

NUMB.....



When i woke up at 8am just now. The 1st thing which came to my mind was... 'It is MICHELE'S b'day' Happily, i grabbed my hand phone and started smsing her.... A second after that, i received a msg from my friend, telling me that a patient whom i have visited him last few weeks had passed away.He is only 16 years old. He met with a serious accident 5 months ago. Due to that accident, quarter of his skull, was smashed, he survived but was in coma for 5 months till today....... He passed away when i was asleep soundly (3am). I did not talk to him before but i chanted for him everyday and also visited him in the hospital twice. And today... he is gone....Although i only got to know him few weeks ago, i felt very very sad, as if there is something heavy on top of my chest making me hard to breathe.I did not even realize that i was actually crying for him. I told myself last few days, that i BELIEVE that he can recover, he will be alright soon. My friend and I have planned to visit him tomorrow but i guess now we got to cancel it.

When i was at his bedside last week, looking down at him,looking at his skinny body, looking at the tubes connected from his nose to mouth... it was obvious that he was suffering a lot. BUT.... he showed me signs of life force, signs that he will not give up. Things are so unpredictable....
5th of December 2007 is a day ... when someone is born in this world (Michele wong) & and a day when someone is no longer in this world (Cheah Seng Hup).... Seng Hup, i will always remember you in my heart...i will not let anyone to wipe off your beautiful name in my heart. Although i only know you for few weeks, i feel the connection between you and me...thank you.... n bye......

No comments: